Underpinned Property Insurance

Arkwright provides specialised cover for underpinned houses

Key features


A property that is uninhabitable, the policy includes the cost of temporary accommodation

Let properties

Policy can cover let properties and second homes


ID theft assistance, home assistance cover and legal protection

Wide Cover

Property is covered for landslip, heave and subsidence

listed property

Cover for a listed property

Contents cover

Contents cover for university or college students


Valuables up to 33% of the total contents and any one item up to 5% of the total contents


Complimentary 10% increase cover over Christmas period and weddings


Worldwide cover for credit cards and money


Covers properties where the problem has already been addressed


Home contents are insured against damage during transit

Specialist property insurance

If your property has suffered subsidence and has been underpinned as a result, our underpinned home insurance is for you.

Sometimes known as “subsidence insurance”, this policy designed specifically to address the difficulties that can arise with properties that have previously been underpinned. Our underpinned insurance policies are transferable – in the cases of a problematic property that has previously been subject to subsidence, there is the possibility of the policy being transferred to the new property owner, should the property be sold. Some mortgage providers consider underpinned property insurance to be compulsory – in these instances, house insurance with subsidence policies are standard.

Call us to discuss your individual requirements and get a quote for buildings insurance with subsidence.